Get a vehicle history report (typically called a CarFax) when purchasing a used car to see detailed information (title, past usage, odometer records, flood damage and accident history - performed using a VIN check). AutoFax.org is designed to be easy and fast for single (individual) reports - no accounts to create and if we can't find the records for your vehicle, we'll refund your money.
Compare and save - AutoFax
is a cheaper, inexpensive alternative to CarFax (which costs $45 per report) and has been featured in the most popular apps list at TheAppStore
. Refer your friends and family to AutoFax and earn free vehicle history reports
Download the Autofax app to store and view your past vehicle history reports, get push notifications when reports are ready, store payment methods and more.
What information is included in our preowned car reports?
- If a vehicle's title is clean, junked, salvaged, rebuilt, or flooded, etc.
- Any accident reports along with dates.
- Odometer reading as of the titling dates and any rollbacks.
- Info from salvage yards and insurance company vehicle totals.
- Dates that the titles were issued.
What’s a VIN and where can I find one?
A VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is a serial number that uniquely identifies a car.
Ask Craigslist seller for a VIN from any of these documents
- Insurance Declarations Page or Insurance ID Card
- Vehicle Registration or Vehicle Title
Or, get your Vehicle’s VIN
- On the dashboard, just below the windshield (driver's side)
- On the driver's side doorpost (where the door latches)
- On the driver's side door (below the latch mechanism)